2012 Travel Essentials by Connections Photo CompetitionTERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Abercrombie & Kent (Australia) Pty Limited (ABN 550 054 229 99) of Level 3, 290 Coventry Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205 (Promoter).
3. Entry is open to Australian residents, excluding directors, management, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
4. This competition is themed on "Travel Essentials for Connections". In the event that an entrant becomes a finalist, the Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a finalist cannot provide suitable proof, they Promoter in its absolute discretion may disqualify the finalist.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, votes, and personal details concerning the entrants and voters (including an entrant's or voter's identity, occupation, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant or voter who submits an entry or vote that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry or voting process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. The promotion commences at 00:01 am (AEST) on Thursday, 1 November 2012 and closes at 11.59 pm (AEST) on Friday, 14 December 2012 (Promotion Period). Only entries that are received during the Promotion Period will be eligible for entry.
7. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
1. Download a copy of the Abercrombie & Kent Connections brochure
2. Read the Connections Southeast Asia: Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam itinerary
3. Pick at least five (5) things that they would bring with them on this holiday
4. Create and upload a photo spread using these items
5. Tell us in 100 words or less why they are their 'Travel Essentials'
6. Make a donation of AUD$10.00 to Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy (AKP)
Eligible Entrants are required to provide their details in all mandatory fields (as indicated) on the online form. Images entered must have been photographed by the entrant; entries by third parties are not eligible. Entrants may use photo editing software to ensure they are entering the correct file size and the correct file format. No digital manipulation is permitted (i.e: cutting out elements, adding elements or undertaking any creative interpretations). All image details must be correct at the time of entry. Entrants are unable to edit once the image has been submitted.
8. Each Entrant may enter the competition as many times as they wish. No image can be entered more than once. A competition entry submission must be completed in full for each image.
9. Entrants aged under 18 must submit their entry with a parent's or legal guardian's email address. The parent or legal guardian will then be sent an email in which they must give consent for the under 18 entrant to be accepted into the competition. The Promoter's email to the parent or legal guardian will show the entrant's name, photograph as well as their description of the photo. Entrants should be aware that a breach of this consent requirement will result in the entrant being disqualified.
10. After entry, the entrant will be sent an email thanking them for their entry and confirming whether their photo has been approved or rejected. If the photo is approved, it may be featured on the website in the gallery (see https://akp.abercrombiekent.com.au/pc/gallery). When someone clicks on the photo and views it in the gallery, a larger version of the image will appear with the title, description and name of the photographer. The Entrant's email address will not be published on any occasion.
11. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at the Promoter's absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into. Images that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, contain objectionable content or are otherwise inappropriate will be deemed invalid and rejected. The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to notify relevant authorities including law enforcement bodies and provide them with the objectionable image and the entrant's personal information.
12. Photographs must be entered along with the completion in full of the online competition form. If submitting multiple entries into the various categories, the above information must be submitted for each entry.
13. Photographs must be:
(a) accompanied by the entrant's full name and phone number
(b) a JPEG file with a minimum size of 500KB and a maximum of 4MB
(c) of an acceptable resolution (minimum 300dpi) and picture quality, as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
Each entry will be required to meet the specified criteria to constitute a valid entry. It is the entrant's responsibility to make sure that they adhere to the directions given and the Promoter will take no responsibility for any photographs that have been emailed incorrectly. Entrants are required to retain a copy of any photographs submitted in the highest resolution possible.
Please ensure that all photos are uploaded so that when they are opened there is no need to rotate the photo. Portrait and landscape photos are acceptable.
14. Photographs cannot be sent through as hard copies.
15. Entry is permitted between 00:01 am (AEST) on Thursday, 1 November 2012 and closes at 11.59 pm (AEST) on Friday, 14 December 2012.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
17. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that: (a) each entry submitted (including the entrant's photograph) is an original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights; and (b) Entrants must ensure they have the necessary model and/or property releases as required, and winning Entrants may be requested to provide written evidence of these signed documents. Failure to provide such documentation could result in their entry being forfeited. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of these warranties. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
18. As a condition of entering this competition, all finalists and the winning entrant grants the Promoter the right to use their winning image in Abercrombie & Kent promotions and advertising. This usage is non-exclusive and royalty free. This usage includes but is not limited to any media including banners, signage, posters, television, magazine, Internet, MMS, DVD or other digital or print formats.
19. Entrants agree that they are not entitled to any remuneration, royalties or any other payment from the Promoter in respect of their use of the finalist's photograph as specified in Clause 18.
20. Due regard will be given to the preservation of the artistic integrity of the works. The Promoter will not edit, alter or demean any image in any way. The Promoter does retain the right to crop the image for reproduction processes.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant or voter; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant or voter to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries or votes submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, photograph or prize claim or vote that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
24. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory and enforcement authorities. The Promoter in its absolute discretion will store some of the entrants' photographs at an external hosting site, which may be used by the Promoter at a later date for promotional purposes, and the entrant consents to such collection by the external hosting site. Entry and voting is conditional on providing this information. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All personal information received will be dealt with in accordance with the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. By ticking the relevant opt-in box when you register to participate in the promotion as either an entrant or voter you consent, until you advise us otherwise, to receiving future marketing communications from the Promoter for an indefinite period, including via electronic communications and via phone.
26. This promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry including their image and entry details will be displayed at www.abercrombiekent.com.au for general public viewing. Throughout the promotion, all visitors to the Abercrombie & Kent website will have the opportunity to view the entry images and details and be able to cast a vote on their favourite entry. The top 10 entries with the most votes will be short listed and the Promotor will select the final winning entry. The final winning entry will be judged based on artistic and creative merit by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
25. Judging will take place on Monday, 17 December 2012 at the Abercrombie & Kent Office, Level 3, 290 Coventry street South Melbourne, VIC 3205 and will be conducted by the Promoter and the panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
27. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judging process will be undertaken collaboratively with the entire judging panel being actively involved and contributing to the judging process. The decision on the winner will be made as a group and not by individual judges, therefore reducing bias.
28. The winning entry must demonstrate a strong connection to the competition theme and judges will be looking for entries that demonstrate a strong connection to this, combined with originality of thought and technical excellence. Consideration will also be given to entries that reproduce well.
29. The winner will be notified by phone and email by Friday 21 December 2012, using the details provided in their entry. If the winner cannot be contacted using the details provided, or does not respond, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected.
30. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
31. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit prize/s in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed will become void. No further winners will be announced.
33. Where a winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, their prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian.
34. Prize collection is subject to specific dates of booking and travel periods.
A 14-night holiday for two (2) on an Abercrombie & Kent Connections Southeast Asia group journey (Connections journeys are guaranteed to operate with a minimum of two (2) persons and a maximum of 28 guests) to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
The winner and the travelling companion of their choice will stay three (3) nights at the Millenium Hilton Bangkok, two (2) nights at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai, three (3) nights at the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort Siem Reap, two (2) nights at the InterContinental Asiana Saigon, two (2) nights at the InterContinental Danang Resort and two (2) nights at the InterContinental Westlake Hanoi. Inclusions: Meals as specified; arrival and departure transfers; fully guided sightseeing as noted in the itinerary (including park and entrance fees); local bottled water during sightseeing; selected beverages with group meals; internal airfares, services for an A&K Tour Director; hotel taxes and gratuities throughout, except to the Tour Director.
International flights from Australia to Thailand and from Vietnam to Australia are not included in the prize.
Valid departure dates for the prize itinerary (subject to availability):
- Sep 12, 2013 - Sep 26, 2013
- Oct 03, 2013 - Oct 17, 2013
- Oct 10, 2013 - Oct 24, 2013
- Oct 24, 2013 - Nov 07, 2013
- Nov 07, 2013 - Nov 21, 2013
- Nov 21, 2013 - Dec 05, 2013
- Dec 05, 2013 - Dec 19, 2013
- Dec 12, 2013 - Dec 26, 2013
The retail value of the prize is USD$13,320.00.
35. These conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties relating to the entry and the conduct of the competition. Abercrombie & Kent reserves the right to amend these terms of participation at any time. All updates to these Terms will be posted on the Abercrombie & Kent website.
Normal Abercrombie & Kent Terms and Conditions apply to the prize. Please contact A&K for more information.
Gourmet Traveller, Best Tour Operator 2011
Australian Gourmet Traveller is the country’s premier food and travel magazine
Best Luxury Tour Operator Gold List 2011
Abercrombie & Kent has won the ‘Best Luxury Tour Operator’ award in Luxury Travel Magazine’s 2011 Gold List Awards