andBeyond Matetsi River Lodge showcases two intimate camps of just nine river-facing suites each, including two family suites.
Each camp features its own guest area with a variety of dining spaces, an interactive kitchen, a convivial bar area and an al fresco area that encircles a blazing fire bowl.
Each of the nine spacious suites, at the two intimate camps, are encased in local and repurposed materials that reference the ancient fishing and basket-weaving traditions of the region. The clean lines of the interiors are softened by authentic craft pieces and curated natural objects. A lovely ensuite bathroom boasts indoor and outdoor showers as well as a deep circular bath, which looks out over the Zambezi. A private veranda offers a refreshing plunge pool and a comfortable sitting area that overlooks the river.
andBeyond Matetsi River House:
Guests can enjoy the exclusivity of andBeyond Matetsi River House, a 4-bedroomed sole-use villa that is perfect for multigenerational travel. This private villa boasts two rooms with lovely ensuite bathrooms as well as two interleading children’s rooms with an ensuite bathroom. Matetsi River House has its own kitchen, indoor and outdoor dining areas, a veranda overlooking the Zambezi and a sparkling pool. It also comes with a complement of staff, including a dedicated guide, private vehicle, chef and butler, ensuring a tailor-made safari unlike any other.
Highlights of andBeyond Matetsi River Lodge include:
· Situated just 40 kilometres (24 miles) above the Victoria Falls, you will have easy access to this iconic destination’s array of adventures
· Enjoy an exclusive 15 kilometres stretch of private Zambezi River frontage
· Encounter large herds of elephant and buffalo as well as an assortment of plains game and predators on a 50 000 ha private wildlife concession
· Wonderful selection of land and water-based safaris
· Matetsi Private Game Reserve offers some of the finest safari guides in Zimbabwe and boasts legendary local hospitality
· Take in the exceptional views of the Zambezi River from the comfort of your suite
Activities at andBeyond Matetsi River Lodge include:
· Cruising along the Zambezi River in an exclusive riverboat Canoeing excursion along a private stretch of the mighty Zambezi River.
· Morning and afternoon game drives in an open air safari vehicle accompanied by an armed ranger and tracker.
· Walking Safaris led by a professional ranger
· Tour of Victoria Falls followed by a decadent afternoon of high tea at the renowned Victoria Fall Hotel (Included in the rate for a minimum 2-night stay)
· Bungee Jumping, Gorge Swing and Helicopter flights at Victoria Falls (extra charge)
· White water rafting on the Zambezi (extra charge)
Join 'My A&K' to save your favourite journeys, brochures and to stay informed of our latest offers.Become a VIP