An unforgettable journey through some of South America’s most stunning and untouched landscapes. This off the beaten track adventure combines the dramatic scenes of northern Chile, the lunar-like terrain of the Bolivian salt flats and the remarkable high altitude lake of Titicaca. Outdoor exploration and stargazing awaits in the world’s driest desert - the mighty Atacama. Spot wildlife as you traverse the vast landscapes of the Eduardo Abaroa Andean Fauna National Park by 4WD and tour the seemingly endless Uyuni salt flats discovering cactus islands and a dormant volcano along the way. Engage with traditional Aymaran people of the altiplano and learn about their floating reed island homes. Beginning in Santiago, Chile and ending in Puno, Peru this journey is complete with unique accommodation and expert local guiding.
Marcial Cruz, also known as Marshal, was born, raised and educated in Cusco, Peru where he lives and works to this day. From an army family, he has travelled widely throughout Peru and has a thorough knowledge of its culture, history and traditions. A guide for more than 15 years he has also escorted travellers throughout South America sharing his passion for both ancient and modern cultures, wildlife and photography. An engaging companion, Marshal is caring with a warmth and sense of humour which makes guests feel at ease at all times.
• An intimate group size of no more than 18 guests
• Valparaiso and Neruda’s home, La Sebastiana
• Breathtaking scenery and outdoor adventure in the Atacama Desert
• Volcanic craters, bubbling geysers and steaming fumaroles in an ancient landscape
• The largest salt flat on earth – Uyuni
• Stay in a hotel made entirely of salt
• Reed islands and traditional cultures on the highest navigable lake on earth
• Outstanding hotels and lodges handpicked for their character and style
2018 dates now available:
11-21 May 2018
07-17 Sep 2018
Twin share per person: $11,895
Single Supplement: $2,050
Please contact Abercrombie & Kent for more details.
Join 'My A&K' to save your favourite journeys, brochures and to stay informed of our latest offers.Become a VIP