1. Get off the grid and camp in the Atacama Desert for a night.
An exercise in sheer escapism, hike into the magical surrounds of the Valley of the Moon for an extraordinary overnight glamping experience. Dine by an open fire, glass of wine in hand and identify the constellations in the clearest skies on Earth.
Add on to ‘Chile & Bolivia: the Magnificent Andes’ at additional cost.
2. Join a recognised Peruvian chef for an exclusive culinary experience in Lima.
Visit a local Barranco market in the company of chef Penelope Alzamora as you select the freshest ingredients in preparation for a cooking class at Penelope’s home. Feast on the gourmet lunch you help create, washed down with a pisco sour.
Included on ‘Peru & Bolivia Discovery’.
3. Tour Havana in a vintage vehicle.
Go back in time when you travel the streets of old Havana in a 1950s Buick or Cadillac.
Included on ‘Cuba Uncovered’
4. Spend time up in the magical Ecuadorian cloud forest.
Experience the incredible biodiversity of the Andean cloud forest when you visit Mashpi Lodge. Outstanding nature based experiences are a highlight and include night walks, Sky Bike trips and visits to the butterfly enclosure.
Included on ‘Essential Ecuador’.
5. Be guest of an Andean village community in Peru.
Meet local Quechua-speaking farmers and weavers in a Sacred Valley community. This personal encounter allows an in-depth look at the lifestyle and traditions of these Incan descendants.
Included on ‘Highlights of Peru’.
6. Dance the tango at an authentic milonga in Buenos Aires. Head to a neighbourhood milonga where Porteños practice the sultry art of tango. An informal experience, visitors are encouraged to join in or simply observe over a cold beer.
Add on to ‘Buenos Aires to Rio’ at additional cost.
7. Travel through incredible Peruvian landscapes in a luxury sleeper train.
Get on board the new Belmond Andean Explorer, South America’s first luxury sleeper train. From Cusco, the train traverses the high Andean altiplano, taking in the traditional communities on Lake Titicaca and the UNESCO World Heritage city of Arequipa.
Included on ‘Peru in Depth’.
8. Traverse the spectacular altiplano between Chile and Bolivia by 4WD.
From the extraordinary landscapes of the Atacama Desert of northern Chile and its myriad outdoor adventure activities to the dazzling Bolivian salt flats where accommodation is in a unique salt hotel.
Included on ‘Chile & Bolivia: the Magnificent Andes’.
9. Become a wine maker for a day as you try your hand at viticulture in a Chilean winery.
After touring a vineyard in Chile’s wine country, guests can taste the local drop and then blend their own. Working with different grape varieties, a wine maker guides them through the process and, after corking, bottles can be taken home as a memento.
Can be added to‘Chile & Argentina in Style’.
10. Spot a carpincho in the Iberá Wetlands of Argentina.
Also known as capybara, the carpincho is a large rodent native to South America and closely related to the guinea pig. They are found in the Iberá Wetlands in good numbers and can be seen on a nature excursion.
Included on ‘Treasures of Northern Argentina’.
For more extraordinary experiences in Latin American please visit:2017 Latin American Brochure
Join 'My A&K' to save your favourite journeys, brochures and to stay informed of our latest offers.Become a VIP